The Canvas Health website is for informational purposes only and is not meant to serve as medical or clinical advice or to replace consultation with your physician or mental health professional or case manager.
Use of the Canvas Health website constitutes an agreement by the users not to hold Canvas Health or any of its officers, employees or volunteers liable or responsible for information posted on it. Changes or updates will be made periodically to information on this site. As part of this process this website may occasionally include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Your use of this website acknowledges that the information on the Website is provided “as is” for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who are familiar with your individual medical or mental health needs. There is no direct access to mental health, chemical health or resources for eldercare services through this website. If you or a member of your family needs to obtain services, please call (651) 777-5222.
Disclaimer of Endorsement for Links to Other Sites
At certain places on this site, links to other web sites can be accessed. Such external sites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of Canvas Health. Canvas Health does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external sites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of information located at such sites. Reference therein to any specific program, commercial product, process or service does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favoring by Canvas Health. Canvas Health assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from use of information obtained at linked sites. Canvas Health is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, reliance on, or performance of such information.
Your donation payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet. We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our site. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone, and it is solely used to complete donation transaction and provide you with a better experience on our website.
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW PROTECTED MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Effective Date: April 14, 2003
If you have any concerns or questions about this notice, please contact the Privacy Officer for Canvas Health:
Jay Theisen at (651) 251-5029.
Our pledge to you:
Canvas Health must collect information about you in order to provide you the services you need. The information we collect about your mental and physical health issues is considered “private,” and is protected by state and federal laws. We refer to this information as “Protected Health Information” or “PHI.” We not only follow all state and federal laws protecting your PHI, we also attempt to limit and protect any disclosure of information about you to the minimum necessary to do our jobs. We further expect all of our departments, employees, volunteers and business partners to respect your privacy and abide by the same laws.
Canvas Health creates a record of your care in order to supply you with quality care and to document our services for legal and billing purposes. This notice informs you of the ways that we may use this information-to whom and how we may disclose it, and also what rights you have about your PHI and what obligations we have regarding our use and disclosures of your PHI.
PERMITTED USES AND DISCLOSURES
Canvas Health is permitted to make uses and disclosures of protected health information for treatment, payment and health care operations, as described in the following examples:
• For treatment -A doctor or nurse you are seeing may need to consult with your psychologist or social worker to provide the most effective treatment.
• For payment – Our billing department needs to provide information to your health insurance company so we can receive payment for our services.
• For health care operations -We may use information in your record to review the quality of our care and evaluate the performance of our staff.
• Canvas Health is permitted or required, under specific circumstances, to use or disclose protected health information without your written authorization. For example, we are obligated by law to report suspected abuse of a child or a vulnerable adult. We are required to supply information about the care clients receive at Canvas Health to agencies that regulate and license our agency.
• Other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization, and you may revoke such authorization.
• Canvas Health may contact you to provide appointment reminders or information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
• You have the following rights regarding protected health information:
• The right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of protected health information. Canvas Health is not required to agree to a requested restriction, however.
• The right to receive confidential communications of protected health information, for example, to receive phone calls and written communication at specified addresses and phone numbers.
• The right to inspect and copy protected health information, as provided in the Privacy Regulation.
• The right to amend protected health information, as provided in the Privacy Regulation.
• The right to receive an accounting of disclosures of protected health information.
• Canvas Health is required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information and to provide individuals with notice of its legal duties and Privacy practices with respect to protected health information.
• Canvas Health is required to abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
• Canvas Health reserves the right to change the terms of this Notice. The new Notice provisions will be effective for all protected health information that it maintains.
• Canvas Health will provide individuals or patients with a revised Notice by mail or in person.
• Individuals may file a complaint to Canvas Health and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, without fear of retaliation by the organization, if they believe their privacy rights have been violated. Complaints may be made in person to any Canvas Health support or professional staff member who will forward the complaint to the appointed Privacy Officer. You may file a complaint directly with the Privacy Officer in person, by telephone, or in writing. Please remember to include details of the exact nature of your complaint, the names of any staff persons involved, your name and a daytime phone number where you may be reached.
• Canvas Health’s Privacy Officer and contact person for matters relating to complaints is:
7066 Stillwater Boulevard North
Oakdale, MN 55128
We do not provide refunds for donation or ticket transactions.
This Website is copyright 2012 Canvas Health of Washington County in Minnesota.
All information contained on the Canvas Health website is the property of Canvas Health. Permission is granted to individuals to make one copy of any content for their non–commercial use. Individuals desiring to make multiple copies of this content, or organizations wishing to adapt or reuse content on this site should contact the webmaster (email@example.com) for permission. Permission is granted to the media to reprint or adapt any of the press releases on this site as long as Canvas Health is clearly referenced in the article as published. Our Community Relations & Marketing Department will be happy to assist you in obtaining other reprint permission or access to interview subjects for additional information. Please contact us at 651-777-5222.