Concerned parents bring their children for outpatient services to Canvas Health for a variety of reasons. Some of these include when their child or adolescent:
- Has trouble paying attention
- Skips school or frequently doesn’t want to go
- Does poorly or has trouble keeping up in school
- Is uncooperative or defiant much of the time
- Has lots of tantrums or outbursts of anger
- Doesn’t seem to have friends
- Seems nervous, fearful, or stressed much of the time
- Seems unusually sad
- Has repeated thoughts about death or suicide
- Seems troubled by a major loss or event — divorce, death, etc.
- Has trouble fitting into family life
- Is using or experimenting with drugs or alcohol
- Is troubled by body image, starves self or binges/purges
Our counselors are experienced with a variety of issues effecting early childhood (birth to age 5), children and adolescents. Some of these issues include parent/child conflicts, attention deficit disorder, adoption, bullying, school-related issues, post-traumatic stress disorder, attachment issues, and developmental delay in speech, language or toilet training.
If you have concerns about your child or adolescent, request an appointment at one of our clinic locations by calling (651) 777-5222. Print client forms here.