All Are Welcome at Canvas Health
Canvas Health’s mental health and substance use providers, clinicians, and staff represent a variety of intersecting communities including Black, African American, Latinx, Native American, Indigenous, Asian, Southeast Asian, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer. Together they bring their diverse lived experiences to provide trauma-informed, culturally-relevant, evidence-based mental health, and substance use services to people of all ages.
- We are committed to a welcoming environment for all of our staff and clients. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination, hate speech, violence, bullying, and/or harassment.
- We are committed to the active recruitment of staff and Board members from all communities and backgrounds.
- We are committed to identifying and addressing health inequities. Canvas Health offers a wide variety of services that address social determinants of health including housing, employment, crisis, school and community-based services, and services for seniors.
- We are committed to ensuring that language is never barrier when it comes to receiving services. In addition to having bilingual clinicians on staff, Canvas Health staff work with interpreters to provide services to anyone who may need it. We also provide documentation and materials in multiple languages.
- We are committed to providing space and time for training and education that includes culturally relevant and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) trainings, as well as conferences and a Diversity Empowerment Group for staff and community members. Additionally, we are committed to community partnerships that engage communities across our service areas.
- We are committed to accessibility for all. Canvas Health owned offices provide gender inclusive bathrooms and are handicap accessible according to standards outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- We are committed to removing barriers to care, including potential language barriers. In addition to having Spanish-speaking clinicians on staff, Canvas Health works closely with interpretation partners to provide those services to anyone who may need it.
You are welcome at Canvas Health. For individuals in and around the Twin Cities, the first step starts with a phone call or message to our intake staff.